Girl Interrupted

Thursday, January 05, 2006

[+/-] Diet: Whoops, too much kelp

I have been taking a lot of supplements recently - and I do mean, a lot! I positively rattle two or three times a day.

Let's see, I'm taking...
    a Centrum (multivitamin A-Z) once a day, "Herbalife Fiber and Herb" (detox), "Herbalife Vitamin, Mineral and Herb" (cellulite and water retention), "Herbalife Tang Kuei" (depression, fibromyalgia, muscle pain, PMS), L-arginine (weight-loss), L-carnitine (weight-loss), kelp (contains iodine, stimulates the thyroid to help lose weight), "EAS ThermoDynamX" (mostly caffeine, for fat loss), Vital Apple Cider Vinegar diet (with lecithin - for weight loss), plus a BioHarmony Appestop (for appetite control and fat burning, apparently).

    Hmmm, noticing a pattern here... Hey, when I mentioned in my earlier posts I had reached a stage of desperation, I wasn't kidding.

    Ok, so now that I write all that down, it seems like a little bit of overkill. And turns out, all that hasn't been all that healthy for me either - I've been overdoing the kelp a little, irritated my thyroid, now its become a little enlarged and it feels like I have something stuck in my throat that I can't swallow - you know like when you swallow a sugar-coated pill and it seems to take forever to go away... or when you're eating a apple, and it feels like there is a little bit stuck? Turns out there is extra kelp in the Apple Cider tablets - I shouldn't be taking that, plus normal Kelp.

    Either that, or I have throat cancer...

 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment