Girl Interrupted

Friday, January 20, 2006

[+/-] Fibromyalgia weekly podcast

http://www.fibromyalgiaweekly.com

I have found a fabulous weekly podcast on fibromyalgia and fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) http://www.fibromyalgiaweekly.com. It's hosted by Betsy Singh-Anand, who is a registered nurse and licensed massage therapist, and who also has FMS. Her podcasts, which are published every Monday, are wonderfully informative, and the Yahoo Group she has set up as a companion group is also really great to be subscribed to - its newish, meaning that there are not yet that many people on it, and its not just a support group, its an information group as well. So many of the other FMS Yahoo groups are really big and have degenerated into whining sessions.

Now, I love whining as much as the next person, but I do enough of my own whining, and I don't need to be subjected to more of the same. Now, before you start thinking I'm cold-hearted and callous, I know how it is to need to just speak out and be heard, especially with something like FMS, because so many people don't believe, or just don't understand how you can be in pain when there's nothing visibly wrong with you. That is the whole reason I started blogging in the first place. However, I believe that just complaining isn't very helpful - there needs to be a flow of information for me in order for the group to have value for me.

Fortunately, this group does that.

Filed as: Fibromyalgia ยป
 
1 Comments: Post a Comment