Girl Interrupted

Friday, December 30, 2005

[+/-] Fibromyalgia: Piroxicam really does seem to work

So, just a quick note about fibromyalgia: my diet seems to be helping with my general health and vitality - strange how one doesn't notice the general feeling of malaise until one starts feeling better - I'm really suffering now, after Christmas in fact...

Also: I had thought that the daily anti-inflammatories weren't helping at all (I'm taking piroxicam, a capsule - not the dispersibles [those iritate my stomach way too much]), but I couldn't fill my script over Christmas (silly mistake on my part, not worth blogging about), and I am really noticing the difference now - vague muscle pain all the time.

On other hand, I'm still not quite ready to come off the anti-depressants. I forgot to take them once or twice during the holidays, and J said he really noticed a difference in my behaviour. I was really blah, quiet, withdrawn, monosyllabic. I didn't notice it myself (one tends to think of oneself as completely normal all the time), but apparently, all was not right in my little world.

So, I will continue taking cytalohexal and piroxicam, and hope that R20 physiotherapy will do me the world of good in Cape Town.

Filed as: Fibromyalgia ยป
 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment