Girl Interrupted

Sunday, October 23, 2005

[+/-] Obsessions

I am an obsessive person. Not obsessive-compulsive - I have no compulsions to do stuff (ok, well, maybe. I do have to check if I locked the car door several times, just in case I imagined the door lock being down 2 seconds ago - I can get quite bad with car doors). But mostly, I just obsess. I've been like this all my life, and I'm not sure I really understand the sub-conscious process (ie, the Why) behind it, but there you have it. I throw myself whole-heartedly into whatever has taken my fancy at the time, like blogging, or personal finance, or bonsai, or Magic the Gathering, or any number of hobbies and passing interests over the years. Its like a storm of intense concentration and effort on the subject, and then, almost just as suddenly, its gone... like a High-Veld summer storm...
 
1 Comments: Post a Comment