Girl Interrupted

Friday, October 21, 2005

[+/-] Blah blah blah

Apparently, I have no blah skills. I always knew I wasn't terribly good at chit-chat and small talk, but apparently this extends to my blogging skills as well. I have been importuned to blog more regularly. I wholeheartedly agree, but I don't always have stuff to talk about every day. At least, not stuff that would be interesting to a reader. And not stuff that is interesting to me as a writer... But, to satisfy my adoring fans, I will valiently attempt to engage in more blah blah blah... (insert long-suffering sigh here).
 
1 Comments:
  • At Fri Oct 21, 09:39:00 am GMT+2, Blogger Psychomuffin said…

    Hmmm, I think perhaps you have taken my pleading the wrong way.

    If you don't enjoy blogging, don't. It really is that simple. The blog is for you, no-one else. It should be what you want it to be.

    I really think you are overly concerned about whether other people will like it. Honey, the people who currently read your blog are your mates for the most part - and we all want to read about the 'boring' stuff in your life because it's about YOUR life, we love you and are interested in how you spend your time and what you think about. It's like the difference between dating and living with someone - by experiencing the little stuff you get to know someone better than you ever would if they just told you the BIG stuff. It's not about perfection, its about getting to know someone.

    I remember a time you were terrified that if people knew how you were feeling they would perceive you as weak/imperfect - how do you feel now? Do you think people think of you that way now that they know?

    You origonally started the blog as a cathartic way to unload your emotions and be heard. Doesn't that tell you that maybe you should do it more when you are healthy BEFORE desperation sets in? Just a thought.

     

Post a Comment