Girl Interrupted

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

[+/-] Breast update

Close call with a needle today. James' parents were very concerned that I take the radiologer's report on my mammogram and ultrasound back to the refering doctor and see "what next". I wasn't worried, because the radiologist said it was all fine (see earlier posts), but anyway, I went back today, and the doctor wanted to aspirate the fibroadenoma in the left breast just to be 100% sure.

Fortunately (?) for me, the lump is so small (3 mm) that she wasn't sure if she would be able to find it with the needle.

So, a narrow escape there. I have been given a letter to give to my usual doctor when I get back to PMB, and I should go to her in two months to follow up, see if the lesion gets any bigger, etc etc.


 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment